The Harvard Law School Association of Los Angeles and the HBS Association of Southern California
invite you to join us at a panel to discuss:
Business Risk, Technology, and the Law
Thursday, October 25, 2018
1333 2nd St., 4th Floor, Santa Monica, CA 90401
Cost: Now FREE, with wine and cheese served
Whether you are a major public company or a start-up, if you’re a business owner in CA, you’re at risk of being sued. Business owners and corporations face exposure ranging from employment disputes, to product liability, to contractual and shareholder disputes, to Trademark and IP infringement. Limited Space!
So, with all this risk, is there anything you can do to ensure that your business and your lawyers have a competitive advantage and win your case? The answer is “YES!” Legal technology is rapidly changing the landscape of the antiquated legal industry. Learn how technology and data-driven legal strategies can lower your exposure, help your attorneys win cases and save your business money.
This event will answer the following questions:
- How is technology changing the practice of litigation?
- Why should business owners insist that their attorneys utilize technology to gain a competitive advantage?
- How do predictive litigation analytics lead to a win in court?
- How can utilizing new technology lead to lower client costs?
- Networking: 6:30-7pm;
- Speakers & Moderated Discussion: 7-7:45pm
- Q & A 7:45-8pm
Panelists will be Bobby Ghajar, Partner at Cooley LLP; Nicole Clark, CEO Trellis Research, Inc, and Employment Litigator; and Kelly Shapiro (HLS ’05), Founder & Managing Partner of The Law Offices of Kelly D. Shapiro.